Friday 20 July 2018

New venue tomorrow, Cypry Angel Pool, Bexley

August '17, just before the pool opened.
Cypry Angel Pool opened its gates at 6am on the first of September 2017, after
(to quote the owner) five years of frustration and eight months of crazy graft.
Great photograph taken from the owner's FB page, I hope you don't mind!
Yes, I am off to a new venue tomorrow, Cypry Angel Pool in Bexley. The lake is new, only being dug in April last year and opened on 1st September. I did take a look soon after it opened and found it was sparse and just looked like a hole in a muddy field at the time. I picked a time when there was nobody about and not wanting to take a liberty, I left.

This week I had reason to be in the location, so I decided to make another visit to see how it looked now. What a difference nine or ten months can make. The place has dried out, and the drive now has a good covering of gravel to make it far easier to access. This time I managed to talk to the owner, and he seems a straight up and down sort of bloke who says it as it is. I like that, at least you know where you stand.

The venue is primarily a carp venue, but it does have a head of other fish, including the usual suspects, and some tench and perch were mentioned. There is also a lot of smaller carp. As I am not an out and out carper, I will be float and feeder fishing. The rules state barbed hooks only, but that is for carp fishing. Dean, the owner, said he was happy for barbless hooks to be used up to a size 12.

I am looking forward to the day, mainly because it is local - only about twenty-five minutes away. It seems like it will be a nice day and not too hot. I will post a new blog about how it goes over the weekend.

Ralph.