Saturday 18 August 2018

Supplies!

Fish food!
Back in May, the doctor suddenly announced that I am a type 2 diabetic. Thanks! I won't go into all the happenings since then as they are not relevant to this blog, except to say that finally, I had an appointment with another doctor who answered a lot of my questions regarding diet. This resulted in a clear out of the food cupboards - long overdue anyway, as we found some stuff lurking at the back that was years out of date.

I now have a pile of things I can use, along with stock ingredients that I have by me, to make groundbait, feeder mix, boilies, custards and even some paste. My first plan was to just grind it all up and feed the river down at the other bloke's place, but then it occurred to me I could, with a bit of thought and note-taking, make some effective bait that, if it proves to be good, I can repeat. Apart from a whole lot of breakfast cereal, there is rice, nuts pasta and even a block of fondant icing. Just what I am going to do with that, I have no idea - yet!

I have been aware that I need some boilies, as I seem to have used all the ones I had in the freezer. I am thinking corn boilies, using the cornflakes and some whizzed up frozen corn as the main flavour ingredients. Maybe I will do a batch with hemp seed added to compliment my corn custard. I will have to have a think about it, but in the meantime I need to find somewhere to store it where the mice can't get at it...

Ralph.