Monday 16 March 2015

Fishing Friday...

Yes it's true, it looks like we are on a run, twice in two weeks! We are off to Beaver Fishery on Friday. I have been there before and it is the home of the inaugural tree-catching event - see HERE! This time Tim said he would ware a few more cloths! The wind howled across the open land and there is no protection there to hide behind. Poor old Tim, had a rotten day moaning about being cold, not catching anything and being told it was going to cost a small fortune to get his van fixed...

Wassamatta Tim? We have only just got here...
After discovering Bax farm had run out of Maggots last week, I will play safe and bring some with me on Friday. This means trip to the tackle shop will be required on Thursday. Well, somebody has to do it. While I an there I need to get a couple of bank sticks, some leads, some end tackle and...

The plan this time is to set a carp rod out on the buzzer and float fish for whatever will eat our maggot. The object of the exercise is to get Tim catching some fish. I am fairly confident we will have some success. The weather forecast is for dry, light cloud with a high of 12ºC so it should not be too unpleasant. If we get there for 8:00 AM we should get a full day in. I will let you all know how we get on in due course.

Ralph.