Friday 5 September 2014

First visit to Bax Farm Fishery...

At Last! After days of chasing and finally threatening to give up on him I managed to get hold of LB (little Brother) to tell him we were ready to go. After the usual string of flimsy excuses he agreed that my course of action had been the right one and he was pleased to be the owner of some tackle. "Okay, so when do you want to go fishing?" I asked "Sunday - I know it is your wedding anniversary but you must be fed up with those by now?" I can't understand it, but he did not seem to be amused. Looks like I might be flying solo for the next week or so...

http://baxfarm.co.uk
Today I had reason to drive down to North Kent. While I was in the area, I thought I would visit the fishery we intend to drown our first maggots, Bax Farm. I just wanted to see the place and visit the tackle shop. The fishery is just East of Sittingbourne, in a very secluded spot, just North of the railway line. Access is down a narrow lane and through a small bridge under the line. At the end of the lane there is a car park just outside the tackle shop.

I marched in there with Sue (my long suffering better half) in tow and immediately got chatting to the guys behind the counter. Explaining I was an absolute beginner, they were more than happy to offer advice and tell us all about the fishery. As This was only a flying visit, we bought a selection of shot, to complement the small selection we had already, and promised to return, well at least I did. At this rate it looks as if I might well be flying solo initially!

Ralph.